End of August, a unique conference will take place in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. This conference is organized by the European Smalltalk User Group (ESUG).
Smalltalk is a dynamic and reflective language exercising a continuing influence on historic and current developments in programming languages and software technology.
This year celebrates the 16th edition of the ESUG conference, which features more than 40 presentations on, among others, the following subjects:
Programming Language Platforms
- Newspeak: new open source dynamic language focusing on modularity,
security and interoperability
- Cog: new highly optimized open source Squeak VM
- Maglev: highly scalable Ruby VM
- OpenCroquet: deeply collaborative, multi-user online Smalltalk
- Seaside: the continuation & component-based web framework
- AidaWeb: Smalltalk Web Application Server
Model Driven Engineering
- The Meta Environment Language Workbench
- ObjectStudio ModelingTool
- Fame; Meta-modeling Framework
- MBA Smalltalk; to manage your objects
Additionally, the winners of the Innovation Technology Awards
will be presented.
Conference website: http://www.esug.org/conferences/16thinternationalsmalltalkjointconference2008/
Time: August 25-29, 2008
Venue: Center for Mathematics and Computer Science (Centrum voor Wiskunde en Informatica), Kruislaan 413, Amsterdam, Turing Zaal
Hope to see you at ESUG’08!