Marketcircle, the maker of Daylite and Billings, is now an official sponsor of the F-Script project. Marketcircle is a big user of F-Script, which is integrated in Daylite and Billings and provides end-users with a lot of power and flexibility for advanced tasks such as creating sophisticated reports. Indeed, seeing how end-users directly make use of Smalltalk in the context of some of the most popular business applications on the Mac is quite nice.
By the way, if you are a Daylite or Billings user and are new to F-Script, there are a number of resources of should be aware of:
- First, there is the must-read Daylite Reporting Fundamentals book by Eric O'Connell, which explores the report engine and introduces the usage of F-Script in that context. The book can also useful for Billings users, as it is based on the same report engine technology.
- Second, there are the Marketcircle forums (including a scripting forum), where you can asks questions about F-Script in the context of Daylite or Billings.
- You should also get your hand on the Daylite Developer Kit, which is full of relevant information and F-Script examples.
- Of course, there is also the documentation available from the F-Script Web site, with a number of easy and fun tutorials to learn the language, and the F-Script Google group for questions and discussions.
- Finally, you don't have to do everything by yourself. A vast network of Marketcircle partners is available, including a number of F-Script experts.